Phenomenal Championship Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWG guideline

Go down

TWG guideline Empty TWG guideline

Post  Dirty Sean Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:39 pm

PART 1

TRAINING

A lot of wrestlers waste all their money away on this, which is a big mistake. You should only train moves till level 5-7 max, while it´s cheap and handy.
Now, the reasons why training is a costly mistake:

1º - Training is very expensive and starts to lose in the quality-price relation very quickly. (it´s only worth it for the first 5,6,7 levels)

2º - Most moves are not worth training because at some stage in the game, they will be replaced by stronger ones (so all the money you spend is wasted).

3º - Moves get trained for free everytime they are done in any kind of matches. (it´s a longer process, but it´s free!).

4º - There is a much better way to spend your money then in training, and that is buying entrances!! (Who needs trained moves when you have power blow at level 10?)

Use all your money to buy entrances. Training is just a waste of money. But if you think you MUST do some training, then train the new moves to level 5-7 only, and the other moves, if you really want to train something, choose only the REALLY BIG ONES, cause those are the most likely to stay the longest in your move-set.

ALLOWED ATTACKS and ATTACKS DENIED

Allowed Attacks - These represent the number of moves you can do each turn before your wrestler get interrupted (passes the turn). Each wrestler begins with 5 attacks, and it´s always good to increase this number to at least 7 or 8. Because as the game progresses you will soon find out that everyone has at least 3 attacks denied, so you should increase it if not for your benefit, at least so that it won't be used against you.

Attacks Denied – These represent the number of moves you can deny your opponent to do each turn, making him get interrupted faster. (your opponent gets to do less moves).
You should have this skill up to 3-4 moves denied. Don't get higher then 4 because it won't work against most players. There's something about a minimum number of moves a player can have, and that's 5 moves. So having this skill above 4 would only work against players that have more then 9 allowed attacks.

The Percentages are used to improve the chance of you getting all your attacks allowed and attacks denied. If the %s are low, it's more likely for your attacks allowed/denied not to work and you get interrupted a lot quicker.
These %s are increased in Beserker (strength skill, allowed attacks) and in Feint (Tech skill, attacks denied), each skill level increases 2% on one of the powers.
I would recommend getting both percentages to around 40-50% each, that way it's a lot more likely that your powers will work and you won't get interrupted so fast.

Allowed attacks/denied DON'T have a direct relation with dodge, block or attack bonus, they are all separate powers. Allowed attacks or denied DO have a direct relation against the opponent's allowed attacks/denied.

TAUNTS

Don't underestimate the power of a taunt. With a big number of levels behind it, it can be a very strong weapon during a match.
A very common mistake that people make is to use 3 taunts in their build. Don't do that! If you already have 3 taunts erase one or two of them.
You should only have one or two taunts max. And the reason is, as you progress in the game and you get more matches, your taunts will be trained and increase levels, and so will other wrestlers taunts. But if you have 3 taunts it's unlikely they will get the same training as another wrestler one taunt only. You can only get 3 taunts max per match, so if you have 3 taunts, they get in possible 1 time each per match (and that´s if you can pull 3 taunts in), but if you only have 1 taunt, that means it gets used up to 3 times in a match. So it increases a lot faster.
Believe me, it's a lot more effective to have one taunt with 30 levels, then 3 taunts with 10 levels in each.
Even more noticeable at the end of a match when you get your taunt (level 10) in to increase 3,5% (for example), and your opponent gets his taunt (level 30) to increase 6%, which means that he is a lot more likely to reach his adrenaline faster and trigger the finisher before you do and claim the match. Hope i made my point clear.
About the chosen timer, there isn't much to say about that, except that I prefer to have a small timer taunt so it won't get interrupted many times. So go for a 5, 10 or 15 max.
(I personally have a 5 sec taunt and it never seems to get interrupted)

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Complete and absolute waste of money. As everything in TWG, the higher powers decide to take one thing that was incredibly strong and unbalancing for the game (there was other kind of special abilities in the old days) and instead of making it a bit weaker, they just completely destroyed it.
With this said, I would just like to say: DON'T BUY SPECIAL ABILITIES!! Use your money to buy entrances instead! That thing that says "make your wrestler invincible with special abilities" was just something they forgot to erase after they changed them. Entrances is the way to go.

Like I always say to people: Why waste money on expensive temporary abilities that only trigger when we don't need them, if we can spend them on something take gives us real powers that stick with us from the beginning till the end and will always be there when we need them. (entrances=exp=advanced techs!)

I hope you´ve been finding this useful so far. I know is not much but i haven't got this written down anywhere and i have a life outside the game...so deal with it!

PART 2

STAMINA

Stamina is pretty much the most important aspect in the whole game. You can never have enough stamina. So get it as high as you can and build your wrestler around it. This should always be the highest (or at the same level as the best trained) advanced tech in your build, because this is the ability that pretty much supports all others. As long as you still have stamina you'll keep going even if you're red.

Stamina keeps all your stats from going down fast. It's no use to have an ability very high (dmg reducer for example) if you don't have stamina because it would just get burned fast and you would have that ability at 0% still in middle of the match. So all abilities like dmg reducer, increaser, dodge, block, HP,AB,sub defence, etc…they all depend greatly on stamina.

Now, besides the great importance of stamina, I also have to add…do not train just stamina! That's a very big mistake!
Stamina makes all your OTHER skills more effective and long lasting, but of course, for stamina to work you MUST HAVE those other skills.
So get stamina…but also get other abilities with it (at least dmg reducer and increaser, that are general first priority upgrades for any class).

Now, there's 3 ways to get stamina:

TIRELESS – This is a resistance skill. For each point spent on Tireless, your overall stamina is increased by 2%.
Now, what people don´t know is how this 2% are calculated, (there is an exact formula, but I don't know it and don't care), so I can tell you that this 2% are calculated not over your total sum of stamina…but over your base stamina.
So this mean means for each point spent in Tireless you gain 2% over your stamina without advanced techs. (2% of 100 base and all the stamina previous gained with tireless levels and level raising).

INCREASED RESISTENCE – This is the advanced tech for stamina. Don't think I need to tell you how advanced techs work. This is a very good way to increase stamina and should definitely be your nº1 priority for exp spending in advanced techs.

LIGHTNESS – This is a speed skill. For each point spent on Lightness, Stamina costs are reduced by 1%. I just love this ability. It´s very very strong and you should definitely train it hard. It doesn't actually give you more stamina per say, but it reduces the stamina spent, so it's pretty much the same.
It's one of the most important skills to train, and in my opinion, MUCH better then tireless, because it's a lot less stamina you spend in EACH MOVE, so if you have a high percentage on this skill you will have your total stamina pretty much doubled up.

So, from all 3 of these I like lightness first, then increaser resistance and at last tireless. But since the more stamina the merrier….i advise you to train all 3 of them as high as you can.
I might have forgotten some detail. So if any of you remember something else about stamina, just ask me about it.

BUILD YOUR PLAYER AN EFFICIENT MOVESET

I'm gonna share with you now my very own creation of the most efficient moveset possible in TWG. I hope it helps you correct yours.

So let´s see… The magical number of moves for a great moveset is 78.
This is the number that gives you the max exp possible for a moveset, and with the minimal moves possible.
To explain it more clearly, you cannot get more exp after 78 moves…even if you have 130 moves, you´ll get the same exp as 78.

So, with that said, how do you distribute the 78 moves in your moveset?

For that, we need to acknowledge that there are primary positions and secondary positions.

The primary positions are:

Bent Down
Grounded
Groggy
Stunned

And the secondary positions are:

Opening Moves
Standing
You are running
Running Opponent
One Wrestler running
Both Wrestlers running
To the ropes (grounded)
To the ropes (Standing)
To the turnbuckle (grounded)
To the turnbuckle (Standing)

And the exceptions:

Standing
Out of the ring (grounded)
Out of the ring (Standing)

Now, in the primary positions, you're going to use the minimal number of moves possible, so it's 3 moves per position: 3 bent down, 3 grounded, 3 groggy and 3 stunned.
This is the best number for these because these are the stronger positions with the stronger moves you have, so you only want to use the very best moves you have here, that way you'll hit stronger and these moves will get trained a lot faster. Also another advantage is that since everyone has modified moves in some of these positions there's a better chance that a modified will come into play instead of a regular move, because modified moves are treated like +1 extra move to your regular moves.

And in the secondary positions you are going to use the max number you can in each to fill in the moveset to the required number.
This is better this way, because these positions are weak to have, because opening moves will always hit +- light moves no matter how much you train them, and the other secondary positions will always be used a very less number of times then the primary positions. So you can use these secondary positions to fill up your moveset.

Now, for the exception positions,

I post standing as an exception because it haves some good moves and comes in often enough in a match, so I find them better then secondary positions but not good enough to be a primary.
So, in standing I would go not for the 3 minimum, but I would have around 4 to 5 moves max to maximize the efficiency of this position.

And last, I post Out of the ring (grounded and Standing) as an exception because the importance of this position depends on the class you have as a wrestler.

For example, in my case (balanced) these positions are secondary positions and should only be used as filler uppers to the moveset, because they don´t came in very often and I almost never throw ppl out of the ring.

But for instance, for a wrestler in the Strenght class, these positions should be treated as primary positions, because strengths a lot of times throw ppl out and "out of the ring moves" for them are very powerful.

So you must decide in your own build the importance of the "exception" positions in your moveset…
As for the others, they are common to everyone, and that's the exact way you should build your moveset.

Here's an example of a good move-set with 78 moves, the numbers are not exact, except for the primary positions that should always be 3 per position:

Primary:

Bent Down - 3
Grounded - 3
Groggy - 3
Stunned - 3

Secondary:

Opening Moves - 7
You are running - 4
Running Opponent - 5
One Wrestler running - 5
Both Wrestlers running - 6
To the ropes (grounded) - 6